Feeling super festive this year? Check out this Christmas Market + Hotel + Flights deal I found on Expedia, in nowhere other than Vienna!
The ‘Christkindlmärkte’ in Vienna date back to the Middle Ages (more specifically 1298!) when citizens of Vienna were granted the ‘privilege of holding a December Market’ – however since then, the markets have changed considerably!
You can buy almost anything Christmas Market related on these stalls, whether its the mulled wine and tasty lebkuchen, to handmade wooden decorations – perfect for making your Christmas tree a little different this year. Although the Christmas markets only run until just before Christmas Day, some winter markets run over into the New Year – so don’t worry about missing out!
Your Vienna Christmas Markets Deal
During your stay, you will be staying at the Alma Boutique Hotel, (4/5 on TripAdvisor) a gorgeous hotel situated just behind Schwedenplatz Square. This hotel is designed with heavy influence of Viennese Art Nouveau and offers all guests stunning views on the roof terrace, overlooking Vienna’s Old Town. It is also only a few minutes’ walk from Kärntner Straße (shopping street) and the Hofburg (Imperial Palace).
- Vienna Christmas Markets: 2 Nights incl. 4* Boutique Hotel, Breakfast & Flights only £171
- Travel dates: Mon 7 December 2015 – Wed 9 December 2015
- Length of stay: 2 Nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: -1°C
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- alternative airports: Available at an additional cost
- Airline: Eurowings
- Hotel: Alma Boutique Hotel
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 171 reviews
- Destination: Vienna, Austria
- Meals: Breakfast
- Airport transfers: Not included, average transfer price £24 – £29 (rome2rio.com)
- Rental car on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £171 per person based on 2 adults sharing