This is the place to be this summer in the UK to have a fantastic day with the whole family! I’m talking about the Drayton Manor Theme Park in Tamworth which is the perfect place for an unforgettable day out. Around 280 acres of beautiful woodland in the countryside await you with countless thrilling rides, an extraordinary 4D Cinema and even an own Zoo, the Drayton Manor Zoo, which is home to over 100 animals from around the world!
The park is one of the UK’s most popular attractions and lures over one million visitors each year. The Drayton Manor Theme Park was also voted as Travellers’ Choice 2014 Winner and has a great rating of 4/5 on TripAdvisor.
Good that I have spotted this amazing offer on travelbird.co.uk where you can purchase vouchers that you can exchange at the cashiers at Drayton Manor to get your tickets and spend 1 night at the 4 star St John’s Hotel (3/5 on TripAdvisor).
The price for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children sharing) is only £37.25 each – that’s a discount of 46% off the usual price of £68!
The hotel is located conveniently in Solihull which is just under a 30 minutes drive from Drayton Manor Theme Park. The hotel has an average rating, but it probably will do its job for one night…just don’t expect too much.
The family room sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 children and the park tickets are valid for your arrival date! Alternatively you can book this deal for a triple or a double room, too. A 3-people party pays then £41.66 per person and 2 persons have to pay £49.50 each.
Drayton Manor Theme Park – having something for everyone
It’s not only a park for adrenaline junkies with probably some of the biggest, scariest and wettest rides around, but offers also great entertainment facilities for the younger children: the Thomas Land is a special area of the park where Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends welcome the smaller guests with funny, kids-friendly rides. And kids love this area with its attractions from the TV Series Thomas and Friends™.
But coming back to all of you who are seeking splendid adrenaline rushs… you definitely won’t be disappointed with what the Drayton Manor Park is providing you! There is for example the ride that was voted Britian’s scarierst ride by Channel 4’s The Gadget Show, well and if I see the name I get a quite good impression why this might me: the Apocalypse drops those of you who dare 177 feet in just four seconds! Thrilling enough? :) Or how about not falling down, but going up and down, up and down with speeds of up to 53 mph and then standing-up? Then jump on the Shock Wave which is the only stand-up roller coaster in Europe.
I’m pretty sure that you will enjoy this day out with the whole family, so have fun and fasten your seat belts! :D
- Drayton Manor Theme Park: Tickets and 1 Night in a 4*Hotel for a Family of 4 only £37.25 each
- Travel period: selected dates in August, September and October
- Travel duration: 1 day in the park / 1 night in the hotel
- Destination: Drayton Manor Theme Park
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 1.809 reviews + Travellers’ Choice 2014 Winner
- Location: near the town of Tamworth in Staffordshire on the A4091
- Your way to the park: just off the A38/A446, junction 9 of the M42 and exit T2 of the M6 Toll.
- Hotel: 4 star St. John’s Hotel
- Rating: 3/5 on TripAdvisor out of 468 reviews
- Hotel location: Solihull, 30 minute drive from Drayton Manor Park
- Additional info:
- tickets are valid only on the chosen arrival date
- parking at the hotel available for £7 per day
- parking at the park for £3 per car
- you purchase vouchers on Travelbird and you need to print them and bring them to the park
- Price: only £37.25 per person based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing