Festival season starts in August in Edinburgh and hotel prices explode! Yes I know what I’m talking about… That’s why it’s great that I found a great hotel deal that combines a city break with a rejuvenating spa experience on secretescapes.com.
You will stay very close to the airport, so from there it’s just a 10-minute drive to your hotel, if you decide to fly to Edinburgh. The 4 star Norton House Hotel & Spa (85% on Tripadvisor) welcomes you just outside of Edinburgh, in Ingliston. The beautiful country house was built in 1840 and instantly spreads a relaxing and calming atmosphere.
The traditional style of the hotel is combined with today’s luxurious comfort to make this stay an authentic but relaxing experience. Especially the Health Club will make you fully relax. Use their gym, pool, sauna, steam room or hydrotherapy pool and take advantage of the £10 spa voucher per person to spend on rejuvenating treatments (but book in advance). In the newly developed additional 35 rooms you can look forward to a luxurious and comfortable stay.
After your spa experience you can jump under the rain shower and into the cosy slippers and bathrobe to get yourself comfy on the bed in front of the oversized TV. Since you stay in the Executive Room you even have a tilted TV at the foot of the bath! Also, try out the hotel’s two restaurants if you like. One of them is even equipped with a roof bar…
Since the hotel is only a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh City you won’t miss a thing of the many festivals that are going on in August. As everyone knows the city is packed in that month and hosts the same amount of their actual inhabitants as tourists! You can be one of them without staying in an overcrowded hostel that costs you £100 a night… So look forward to the Military Tattoo, the Book Festival, the Film Festival and of course most importantly, Fringe Festival, with loads of fantastic acts on! Have a great city break to Edinburgh!
FYI: I have chosen a 2 days stay (=1 night) in August on 03/08/2014 till 04/08/2014. The price is £115 in total (£57.50 per person) and is based on 2 people sharing. But you can just change the details to suit your needs and select other dates and other durations.
- Edinburgh Staycation: 2 Days incl. 4* Hotel, Breakfast, Spa Voucher & Wine When You Dine £115 per Couple
- Travel period: my example 03/08/2014 – 04/08/2014, select from many dates in June, July, August and September
- Travel duration: 2 Days (= 1 night)
- Airport of departure: check out bravofly.co.uk for cheap flights
- Hotel: Norton House Hotel & Spa
- Rating: 85% on TripAdvisor out of 664 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Ingliston, Edinburgh, 20-minute drive from city centre
- Board basis: breakfast
- Extras: £10 spa voucher, wine when you dine
- Price: only £57.50 per person based on 2 adults sharing