This family zoo staycation is the perfect way to enjoy one of England’s best zoos and get away for a great family trip! And with dates available in the summer holidays, you’ll have the time to really enjoy your visit.
Family Zoo Staycation Including 4* Manor House Hotel, Full Facilities Access, Full English Breakfast and Family Ticket to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
I have found a deal for the perfect family zoo staycation in lovely Hertfordshire! Get to the hotel for check-in at around 3PM and make the most of the leisure facilities, including a gym, a pool and a spa, or explore the pretty town of Tring and find a nice pub for your dinner before heading back to your 4* manor house hotel for a good nights sleep before checking out the next morning after a hearty Full English breakfast and heading to the fantastic ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, London Zoo’s larger countryside cousin, for a great family day out with the animals! A family zoo staycation is the best way to really make the most of this great corner of England.
With this great family package from Living Social you get a one night stay in a 4* manor house hotel with access to its many leisure facilities, plus a Full English breakfast and tickets to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, all for just £109 for a family of four. That’s only £27 each! There’s also the option to swap the zoo for a visit to the Butterfly World project for £89, but it’s worth noting that Whipsnade opened its own butterfly house at the start of this year so you wouldn’t be missing out.
Pendley Manor Hotel is is a classic manor house hotel located near the pretty Hertfordshire town of Tring, perfect for your family zoo staycation. The hotel itself is a grade-II listed property with grand staircases and an indoor pool, spa and gym which you’re free to use as part of the package. You’ll also get a 20% reduction on the spa. This hotel scores 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor.
The amazing ZSL Whipsnade Zoo scores an incredible 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor, and it’s easy to see why. As the countryside sister of the world-famous London Zoo, Whipsnade has more room to spread out and loads and loads of animals! Perfect for all ages, you can see lions, giraffes, elephants, rhinos, tigers and many more up close – the zoo also welcomed a new baby hippo this year. Why not take in a bird show or go and see the sea lions, before making a for the adorable meerkats via the lemurs? Whipsnade is the perfect family day out, although tickets are normally pretty pricey which is what makes this offer such a steal! I couldn’t recommend this awesome zoo enough.
You can also go for the slightly cheaper option of Butterfly World, although entry to this attraction is not as expensive so you’re saving a bit less. Butterfly World scores 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor, and is a relatively new project with big ambitions, where you can see many types of beautiful butterfly and learn about their life-cycle.
Whether you opt for the zoo or the butterfly world, you’re sure to have a great stay. This family zoo staycation really is the perfect family getaway, showing that you don’t need to go too far to make amazing memories! And with lemurs this cute, it’s hard to resist!
- Family Zoo Staycation: 1 Night in 4* Hotel incl. Breakfast plus Whipsnade Zoo Tickets for Family Of Four only £109
- Travel dates: Available 7 days a week including school holidays, many dates available until May 31st, then July 17th – September 7th and October 24th – November 1st 2015
- Length of stay: 1 night
- Hotel: Pendley Manor Hotel
- Rating: 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 606 reviews
- Hotel location: close to Tring train station, 9 miles from Whipsnade Zoo (that’s a 15 minute drive) or 20 miles from Butterfly World (a half hour drive)
- Destination: Hertfordshire
- Meals: Full English breakfast included
- Price includes following services: full use of leisure facilities, tickets for a family of four to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo or Butterfly World (just £89 total for this option)
- Travel is not included
- Price: only £109 per person based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing