Here’s a nice little escape to France where you will stay at the Château le Sallay (89% on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence 2014) enjoying a beautiful countryside. Burgundy is primarily known for its famous wines and the rural area where forgotten traditions remain alive. So if you’re looking for the perfect relaxing getaway to a quiet place, then look no farther and have look at the hotel deal on travelbird.co.uk. In addition to your stay in a superior room you get breakfast each morning, a picnic hamper on the banks of the Loire River, a visit to a vineyard and a complimentary mountain bike during your stay for only £45 per person based on 2 adults sharing. Sounds like an exciting and relaxing short break, not only perfect for couples but also for families: you can add 2 children on your booking for the price of 2 adults! You can also add an extra night for £65.50 per room if you want to stay longer than 2 nights, it’s up to you :)
The Château Le Sallay is a charming 18th century château and was formerly the residence of the Duke of Nevers. Now it’s home to holidays makers who love to spend coupla days of tranquility and higher standards. The hotel runs a heated outdoor pool and has been renovated without losing its historical charm. The rooms have modern furnishings with a flat-screen TV and complimentary WiFi.
If you have discovered the area by bike and made your picnic at the Loire River, visit the larger cities Bourges and Nevers for example as they are close to your location. Another wonderful sight is the Morvan Natural Park and the town of Vézelay. It’s settled on a hill and is crowned by a Roman church, which has been declared as World Heritage by the UNESCO. You will have a fantastic view over the area once you made your way up that hill.
FYI: Click on ‘book now’ on Travelbird for exact dates and prices. You will be taken to the a calendar where you can view all current availabilities and prices. Don’t worry about clicking on ‘Book Now’, it simply allows you to visualise available dates and prices and you are under no obligation to make a booking.
The transport to the hotel is not included, therefore look for yourself what is more convenient. You can either go by ferry and car or by train for example. If you want to fly then check the nearest airports. Get the directions here.
- France Hotel Deal: 3 Days in a Château incl. Breakfast, Picnic Hamper and More for only £90 per Couple
- Travel period: selected dates in June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- Travel duration: 2 nights
- Validity: subject to availability
- Airport of departure: find appropriate flight bargains on bravofly.co.uk and check the nearest airports. More directions here.
- Hotel: 3 star Hotel Chateau le Sallay
- Rating: 89% on TripAdvisor out of 82 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Hotel location: in the countryside of Burgundy, close to Bourges and Nevers
- Destination: Burgundy
- Board basis: self catering
- Price includes following services:
- Excluded: Booking fee of £9 and transport
- Price: only £45 per person based on 2 adults sharing