I have to admit that I have become a big fan of glamping breaks :) You make a traditional camping to nature and keeping luxury and comfort at the same time. Secretescapes.com offers a glamp deal which takes you 3 days to the countryside of Somerset for only £150 in total. And best about it: up to four people can sleep in one yurt. That makes this staycation really cheap if you travel with 4 friends, because the price per person is only £37.75. That’s cheap and cheerful! You can of course also travel with one other friend or as a group of 3, but it will be more expensive the less people you are. Just note that this glamping staycation is for adults only.
The Yurt Retreat (5/5 on TripAdvisor) is very close to the Jurassic Coast and is nestled at the foot of a medieval castle site. You will be able to enjoy a stunning landscape right in front of your ‘doorstep’ and forget about the bustling city life for a while. The yurts are equipped with own bathrooms, luxury showers, a decking area with chairs and the interior is so posh that you might forget that you’re surrounded by nature. But maybe the fact that each of the yurts is named after a species of tree might remind you of that fact :) Nice little extra: each of the glamorous and spacious yurts are faced to the south, so really great position to make the most of the sunlight.
If you don’t feel like barbecuing, then you should definitely explore the area around the yurts. In the next village Hinton St George, which can be easily reached by bike or on foot, you will find the winner of the National dining pub of 2009: the Lord Poulett Arms. Step into the pub with low beams and open fires and indulge a cosy country pub. It has won the award for its delicious food and the beautiful traditional surroundings. Wish you a great glamping retreat in a place that seems to be magical and truly is a place to relax and get away from it all!
- Somerset Glamping Staycation: 3 Days incl. great Yurt Stay for 4 Adults only £150 in total
- Travel period: selected dates in June, July, September and October 2014
- Travel duration: 3 days (=2 nights)
- Hotel: The Yurt Retreat
- Rating: 5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 11 reviews
- Location: Crewkerne, in the countryside close to Jurassic Coast
- Destination: Somerset
- Board basis: self catering
- Your way to the hotel: off the A30 and A303. Direct trains from London Waterloo and Exeter to Crewkerne station (8 minutes’ drive to the yurts).
- Price: only £37.75 per person based on 4 adults sharing
FYI: you can see the offer from secretescapes.com only if you sign in, but it’s for free! You can also connect with Facebook.
Click here for the Glamping Deal