Whatever time of the year, St Ives offers something special to every visit and make you want to return again and again. The town is often regarded as the jewel of Cornwall’s crown and that’s for a good reason: St Ives surrounds the marvellous harbour, the heart of the historic fishing community, and the beautiful landscape does not only attract many visitors each year, but also many artists. The quiet and stunning coastal setting has already inspired artists from the 19th century onwards and that fact makes St Ives probably the art centre of West Cornwall.
I have found a nice hotel deal on secretescapes.com which takes you to the 3 star Carbis Bay Hotel & Spa (79% on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence 2014) for only £159 per couple staying 1 night here – that’s only £79.50 per person. The hotel is situated at the Blue flag beach of Carbis Bay Beach and provides you a wonderful beach location. It takes you only coupla steps to lie on the beach and to forget about your daily life at home. With this deal your stay will be sweetened by chocolates in the room, a full English breakfast and a 5-course dinner in the award-winning AA Sands Rosette restaurant. I read that the local fish and produce is bought daily from St Ives and that the hotel offers an extensive international wine list… sounds very tempting to me and certainly you won’t be disappointed by the food :)
You should of course visit St Ives as it’s only 1.5 miles from your hotel. Get captivated by the winding streets and explore St Michael’s Mount or the Eden Project. It’s a botanical garden with the largest indoor rainforest of the world and where you’ll find plants and flowers from all over the world. It’s definitely worth a visit!
FYI: you can see the offer from Secret Escapes only if you sign in, but it’s for free! You can also connect with your Facebook account. There are still some dates in July and September available, but for the price of £179 per Couple staying one night.
- St Ives Staycation: 2 Days incl. Beach Hotel, Breakfast and 5-course Dinner for only £159 per Couple
- Travel period: selected dates in June, July, September, October, November and December 2014
- Travel duration: 2 days (=1 night)
- Hotel: 3 star Carbis Bay Hotel & Spa
- Rating: 79% on TripAdvisor out of 501 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: Carbis Bay, approx. 1.5 miles from St ives
- Destination: St Ives/Cornwall
- Board basis: breakfast, 5-course dinner and afternoon tea with bubbles
- Excluded: Travel
- Price: only £79.50 per person based on 2 adults sharing
FYI: you can see the offer from secretescapes.com only if you sign in, but it’s for free! You can also connect with Facebook.
Click here for the St Ives Deal