Cambridge is predominantly known for its phenomenal university, which is one of the most prestigious and currently rated in the top universities in the world. There is so much more to Cambridge than that, it’s the place where the atom was first split, where the structure of DNA was discovered and also where Charles Darwin developed his theory of evolution. You can imagine how much else there is for you to discover about this beautiful city, this deal gives you the opportunity to find out.
This deal is available to you on travelbird.co.uk for just £49.50 per person, which includes your 1 night hotel stay, breakfast, bottle of wine if dining and a cream tea upon arrival! This is the perfect deal for Valentine’s Day; be quick though, it will sell out quickly for this date.
You will be staying in The Rose and Crown, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 4.5/5 as well as being awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014. The morning after your night here you will be provided with a Breakfast, which is always a nice way to start your day before you go off exploring.
Upon arrival you will be provided with a cream tea; a treat which we don’t often allow ourselves, but it’s a staycation so all normalities go out of the window. If you choose to dine in the hotel’s restaurant you will also be given a free bottle of wine; always a nice and welcome added extra.
There is so much for you to do in Cambridge that it can make your head spin if you don’t know where to go. So I’m going to try and give you a bit of help. On a romantic getaway I would definitely recommend punting along the canals. There’s something ridiculously romantic about being on a canal with one other person and just enjoying the scenery as it passes by.
If you get the chance, I would also really recommend going to see the Magdalene bridge, which has a really lovely view of Magdalene Gardens as well as being the perfect place for you to stop for a few refreshments: if it is Valentine’s Day, wine o’clock is every time of day.
If you fancied enjoying some of the history of this city, then you should head to some of the University colleges. Each set in really old, beautiful buildings, they’re full of history ranging from Henry VII to other lesser known beings who affected the city’s history.
- Valentine’s Day in Cambridgeshire : 1 Night in a Hotel incl. Breakfast & More only £49.50
- Travel dates: many available dates from December until March 2015, including Valentine’s Day (14th of Feburary 2015)
- Travel duration: 1 night
- Hotel: The Rose and Crown Hotel
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 191 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Hotel location: in the market town of Wisbech, only 31 miles from Cambridge
- Destination: Cambridgeshire / Wisbech
- Meals: breakfast
- Price includes following services: bottle of wine when dine, cream tea on arrival, late check-out
- Travel is not included
- Price: only £49.50 per person based on 2 adults sharing