Barcelona has long been considered one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Why not head there this December to experience what it is like when this city gets into the festive spirit of Christmas?
You will be staying in the 4* Hesperia Sant Joan, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 4/5. You will be staying here on a room-only basis, which means you will be able to sample different cafes and explore a bit for breakfast.
The Christmas Markets in Barcelona are unlike most other Christmas Markets you have seen. It is definitely Spanish, and doesn’t feel at all like the traditional German markets. That’s what I love about them, the fact that they’re so different and keep you guessing.
The most famous market is called the Fira de Santa Llúcia Christmas Market. It’s very specific to Christmas, selling Christmas trees, decorations, mistletoe.. that kind of thing. It is also the perfect place for you to buy a Christmas Caga Tióa Log; this is a really traditional thing for people to do in Catalan. It’s a good way for you to embrace the culture of the people that you are surrounded by. This market is also set against the backdrop of the beautiful (and famous) Cathedral of Barcelona, making the pictures and experience that much more special.
This deal is available to you on lastminute.co.uk for only £87 per person. This includes your 4* Hotel and Flights. This is the perfect trip to get you into the Christmas spirit and for you to discover another beautiful European city.
- Barcelona Christmas Markets: 2 Nights incl. 4* Hotel & Flights only £87
- Travel dates: 06/12/2014 – 08/12/2014
- Travel duration: 2 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Hotel: 4* Hesperia Sant Just
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 419 reviews
- Location: close to airport
- Destination: Barcelona, Spain
- Meals: not included
- Airport transfer in Barcelona not included
- Price: only £87 per person based on 2 adults sharing